Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Best Friend or No?

How the hell do people get caught up in such situations? Friends with benefits...or maybe more than just friends without benefits? I'm so lost. This person is someone you talk to everyday, think about everyday, but is not your significant other. Not even close. You can talk about your genitalia without talking about sex. This person knows that you have someone, and will even listen to you vent about your here-today, gone-tomorrow relationship. So is this dude my Jersey angel disguised in gentleman's couture? How can one put such a complicated situation in a box? Or slap a cheap label on it? Or do you even want to? I was once told that I was the only girl he talked to on a regular basis. How do I take that? He's one of the only people I can talk to about my problems without being judged, debate the most recent political foolishness with, and understand my dry, sarcastic sense of humor. So what damn box does this relationship go into? Maybe I can put it into one of those butter cookie tin cans...

No comments: