Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a Few Things I've Noticed...

It has recently been brought to my attention that the first impression is NOT always the best one. Someone could have been having a bad day, could've just broken up with their boyfriend/girlfriend, or even could've vomited five minutes ago, and I don't care who you are, an unexpected vomit session could ruin your day. A good friend of mine, whom I held in very high regard, just informed me that he almost shot someone over a scuff on the front of his truck and an unfriendly look in the club. This completely shattered my view of him. Take people's first impression of me: people have given me a variety of different answers when I ask them, but my favorite is "conceited bitch." Everyone has heard the Remy Ma single, "Conceited", where she boasts, "...and I look too good to be wearing this..." and other self-oriented, mundane foolishness. Well, I don't think that about myself. I don't look too good for my clothes; if that was the case I wouldn't have bought them...which leads me to my next question: do we really know ourselves enough to give a completely true first impression, short of, "Hi, my name is Bill, and I'm a narcissistic, pessimistic megalomaniac"?

No comments: