Monday, December 8, 2008

Tired of This Relationship Shit...

Where the hell do I go from here? For four years, we have been to heaven and hell and everywhere in between, and frankly...I can't take it anymore. I can't take the possessiveness, the jealousy, the distrust...it physically sickens me. How are two people supposed to be in a relationship with a constant sense of competition and ownership? I thought slavery ended with the Emancipation Proclamation. I am no one's chattel and absolutely DESPISE being treated as such. In every previous relationship I've been in there was always a sense of reciprocity, a feeling of equality. I hate feeling owned. My sense of freedom is extinguished, my privacy is invaded. As a human being, this feeling of indentured servitude is against everything in my innate psychoanalysis. The worst kind of slavery is mental, forced upon the ego only through external captors, such as ignorance and the occasional mentally abusive relationship. However, mental prison is far more dangerous and less rehabilitative to the prisoner. The mental correctional facility corrects nothing, rather, it does the opposite. There are is no parole, or any work release programs; the exit circumstances are quite black and white. Either you remained imprisoned or you write your own ticket out. And all the fuck I wanna know is: where's my pen?...

No comments: